The Softchoice Virtual Discovery Expo (VDX) 2020 has now wrapped.
Over 2,000 people registered to hear from Softchoice and our exhibitor partners about the areas driving their digital transformation today. This year, our full-day virtual tech expo happened in a much different context than the inaugural event in 2019.
Attendees took away an important message: The current global crisis and its impacts have forced many organizations to embrace change. Done the right way, however, this change will be a catalyst to re-imagine the way they approach transforming through technology.
Now that they have taken steps to adapt to change, secure and stabilize business operations and find efficiencies, VDX participants learned how these steps lay the foundation to make them more agile, more efficient and more secure as they travel the road to recovery.
Among those we surveyed, enabling secure and productive remote work, protecting data, adopting and managing cloud infrastructure were the most compelling topics. While some were still adjusting to remote work or found that they were ready to move to the next stage of their recovery, most respondents told us they were still in the middle of that journey.
While there were enough topics covered to fill several articles, we’ve put together a recap of the biggest highlights from VDX 2020.
Digital Transformation in a Time of Crisis
Keynote by Aaron Brooks, Sr. Director – Strategy & GTM Enablement at Softchoice
Our reality is changing and pivoting to adopt the right agile strategy is more important than ever. Softchoice’s Senior Director of Strategy and GTM Enablement Aaron Brooks kicked off VDX 2020 by exploring the ways organizations are positioning themselves for growth and success in recovery.
- Digital transformation isn’t on hold, it’s just pointed at new problems. New ways to go-to-market in times of necessity will drive growth on the road to economic recovery and beyond.
- It’s time to ask, “What does our organization really need?” Anxiety around IT costs has raised the need to re-allocate resources to keep your business working.
- When times are tough, lean on your core values. Staying connected not only as a business but as people has been at the center of our journey to recovery.
The Evolution of Remote Collaboration
Keynote by John MacDonald, Head of Americas Productivity & Collaboration Specialists at Google
John MacDonald, Head of Americas Productivity and Collaboration Specialists at Google, delivered a keynote examining the trends influencing the current communication and collaboration landscape and what we can expect to see in the near and medium terms.
- The status quo needs to change. Businesses are realizing the urgent need for collaboration tools at all levels, but still face issues around siloed information and lack of IT security.
- People want flexible workforce functionality. Organizations need collaboration tools that support work/life balance and allow teams to adopt quickly and collaborate securely.
- Everyone’s situation is unique. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to providing secure, smart, simple collaboration solutions.
How to Achieve Simplified and Highly Effective Security Operations
Keynote by Mike Storm, Distinguished Engineer, Security Business Group at Cisco
In a time of uncertainty, you need a cybersecurity solution with your best interests in mind. Mike Storm, Distinguished Engineer with the Business Security Group at Cisco, explained a three-pillared approach to successful security operations based on quality threat intelligence.
- Security controls are only as effective as the threat intelligence they act on. Any security solution depends on access to current, accurate and usable information to remain effective.
- The more you see, the more you can stop. Unmatched visibility into threats helps protect against them before attackers can exploit vulnerabilities.
- Organizations need to stay protected after Day 1. Effective security operations depend on a collective, collaborative approach to threat protection.
Ready to Re-Imagine Your Digital Transformation?
This is just a sample of the insights our exhibitors and partners shared with attendees at VDX 2020.
As you define your journey from continuity and stability through efficiency and recovery, it’s important to recognize the ways the new reality will help you compete and thrive once there.
If you didn’t attend or there was something you missed it’s not too late to take advantage of on-demand breakout sessions, keynotes and downloadable content from our 35+ exhibitors.
No matter where you are on your road to recovery, our team of experts and product specialists are ready to help.