Full disk and email encryption helps organizations save money, headaches and their reputations.
It’s no secret that laptops have become an increasingly popular tool for businesses. They’ve also become popular with thieves.
In fact, experts believe more than 10,000 laptops are stolen every day – and that’s just in the US. While the cost of replacing a lost or stolen laptop – around $1,500 a pop – isn’t cheap, it’s manageable for most organizations. What’s more painful is the time and money spent recreating lost data and managing the exposure of sensitive data, intellectual property and personal information about the company’s customers, partners and employees. Not to mention the fines, legal penalties and damage to reputation and brand.
It’s no wonder then that organizations need to mitigate the fallout of lost or stolen devices through the deployment of high-performance full disk encryption on all their devices. But deploying encryption technology can be costly too and it requires enterprises to plan carefully and answer a lot of important questions:
- What sort of encryption policies should be deployed?
- How will those policies be enforced?
- How can compliance be proven?
- What recovery mechanisms will be made available to users in the event of a lost key or password?
Stolen laptops, of course, aren’t the only risk organizations have to worry about. Unprotected email sent over the internet poses a critical risk to enterprises’ most sensitive data – like customer information, financial data, trade secrets and other proprietary information. Exposure of any of this information can cause serious pain.
PGP Whole Disk Encryption and PGP Desktop Email from Symantec are two encryption solutions that provide organizations with comprehensive, multi-platform, high-performance encryption for data – whether it resides on a laptop, desktop or server or in a compromised email box. Both products reduce the risk of sensitive data exposure and are:
- Easy and quick to deploy – from zero to thousands of protected laptops in a matter of weeks and, in the case of email encryption, simply achieved through an automated installation and configuration process.
- Easy to recover – including forgotten passphrase options, with support for disaster recovery and planning initiatives and third-party recovery software.
- User friendly and simple to operate day to day, from a single centralized policy, key management and reporting console. In the case of email encryption, sensitive email and attachments are protected with few changes to the user experience.
Whether you’re looking for complete data protection for laptops, desktops and other endpoints or comprehensive email encryption, Symantec’s PGP information protection products are simple, fast and secure.
Download a free trial of PGP Whole Disk Encryption and PGP Desktop Email via Softchoice’s Symantec Brand store.