Protect the data and applications critical to your business.
Data has a significant impact on the way we do business, enabling innovation, defining how we engage our customers and expand our ability to generate revenue. With IDC forecasting that by 2025 the global data sphere will grow to 175 Billion Terabytes of information, businesses will need to be more strategic and efficient in the way they manage – and protect – their data.
The increase in global cyberattacks is a clear and present reminder of the critical importance of a proactive and integrated plan for cyber resilience and business continuity. This means maintaining backup and recovery operations is a year-round, 24/7 job for IT teams.
Meanwhile, complex and fragmented infrastructure, use of legacy storage technology such as tapes, and the constant threat of security breach make data and application availability a constant concern. As a result, we struggle to ensure that backup is supporting its primary purpose of risk mitigation while managing the solution in-place and the cost to maintain it.
To address this need Softchoice has launched Backup as a Service (BaaS) which offers a fully managed and cloud-connected backup and recovery solution for on-premise environments conveniently billed as a monthly service. Through automation, proactive monitoring and detection, Softchoice BaaS protects critical data while helping manage and reduce total cost of ownership. The key capabilities of this service include:
- Unified backup and recovery: Quick and efficient backup and recovery for all your virtual and physical workloads in one unified solution.
- Resolution Support: Mitigate risks of downtime and accelerate recovery with dual backup to the cloud and on-site appliances as well as 24/7/365 expert resolution support.
- Configuration Mentorship: Receive guidance on best practices for your backup strategy via 30- to 60-minute technical conversations by telephone, email or online meeting.
- Technical Support: A single centralized support team providing 24/7/365 live answer support, a service portal, incident and escalation management and ITIL service management.
- Implementation: Combine on-site appliances with cloud storage to enable quick recovery when needed, and cost-effective cloud storage for long-term retention.
- Managed Backup Operations: Taking care of the implementation and the day-to-day operations, freeing your IT team to work on strategic projects.
- Testing: Confirm your recoverability by testing production backups twice a year. This includes testing for granular files or full virtual machine recovery.
Softchoice Backup as a Service enables businesses to protect, locate and recover more information in less time, across any combination of platforms, locations and storage environments and reduces the cost of maintaining separate backup technologies. The streamlining and maintaining of data coupled with Softchoice’s Managed Data Center & Network Services also offers businesses with a holistic data center strategy that is critical for fueling data-driven businesses.