The furious pace of data growth – according to Gartner, 650% over the next five years – has led IT decision makers to react by quickly expanding their storage hardware, creating a variety of heterogeneous environments. Unfortunately those environments often work disparately, reducing productivity, disrupting migrations and leading to a whole host of other challenges.
For instance, if you have an IBM DS4700 SAN at 90% utilized and an HP EVA4400 at 30%, you can’t share resources between the two.
This sort of dilemma has led IT pros to the conclusion that it isn’t simply about more storage but rather smarter and more efficient use of storage – which is where virtualization comes in.
While storage virtualization enables large-scale consolidating of heterogeneous storage environments few midrange offerings out there can actually virtualize mixed storage environments easily and effectively – that was, until IBM® Storwize® V7000.
Storwize V7000 is an innovative and powerful storage system that combines hardware and software components to provide a single point of control to help support improved storage efficiency. In fact, it not only delivers essential efficiency technologies but also exceptional ease of use and performance – all integrated into a compact, modular design at a competitive midrange price. And because it’s designed to work easily in mixed environments, your organization doesn’t even have to have any existing IBM storage systems.
ESG Founder and Senior Analyst Steve Duplessie calls Storwize V7000 “the most complete, most interesting, and potentially most disruptive thing to come out of IBM’s storage group in the past 20 years.”
In addition to its ability to virtualize multiple heterogeneous storage systems, Storwize V7000’s offers:
- Easy, intuitive and groundbreaking GUI to simplify management
- Self-administering tiering software to maximize storage investment
- Built-in storage efficiency software that simplifies the addition of more storage technologies and results in increased storage utilization and reduced energy costs
- Non-disruptive data migration between storage systems so your applications keep running and you can stay open for business
- Integration with Tivoli and Systems director designed to help address major concerns with managing both physical and virtual server infrastructures
Storwize V7000 incorporates some of IBM’s top technologies typically found only in enterprise-class systems, raising the standard for storage efficiency in midrange disk systems. And it can help change the way your organization deals with the ongoing information explosion.
Click here for more information on IBM Storwize V7000.