VfL Bochum, a second-division German football club, is one of the oldest established sports organisations in the world. However, that doesn’t mean it’s traditional in all senses of the word. It wants the latest technology to support its operational efficiency, which is why it has deployed a range of ZXP Series printers, including the latest Series 7 printer, and associated cards and ribbons, as well as TC70 Touch Computers from Zebra Technologies.
EVERY ID CARD IMAGINABLE
VfL Bochum uses its fleet of Zebra card printers to print a wide range of tickets and cards on genuine Zebra cards:
- Season tickets with names and a barcode
- Annual membership cards (over 10,000 each year) with names, a membership number and joining date, as well as level of membership
- ID cards for independent VfL Bochum fan clubs
- Permanent colour staff ID cards, which include a high-quality photo
- Security personnel ID cards, also in colour and with a photo
AT THE TURNSTILES
And knowing how reliable and high performance the Zebra printers are, VfL Bochum needed no persuading when it came to deploying the TC70s for backup ticket scanning on match days, in case of turnstile malfunction or at overflow entrances.
SCORING HIGHLY IN OPERATIONAL SPEED AND EFFICIENCY
VfL Bochum is delighted with the Zebra devices, citing just a few of the benefits:
The ZXP Series Printer
- Reliable, robust, easy-to-use printers with excellent shelf life
- Fast printing – the print speed of the ZXP Series 7 can save up to 20 seconds per card
- Long-lasting barcodes and colour photos, no fading
- Clear printing, sharp font and images
- Long battery life for extended use on match days
- Easy to use
- Faster, reliable scanning every time with Zebra’s most advanced scan engine
If you are an organisation wanting to optimise your systems for card printing or event management, why not find out more by visiting the success story.
This article was originally published here.