Don’t see your Nitro Productivity Suite question represented here? Ping us on Twitter @NitroHQ.
Q: What is the difference between Nitro Pro and the Nitro Productivity Suite?
A: Nitro Pro, with which most of you are probably familiar, is our desktop PDF editor. Just a few weeks ago, we released Nitro Pro 12, and it’s now available for purchase as a part of the Nitro Productivity Suite.
The Nitro Productivity Suite is our new, integrated suite of products for which we offer three different plans. The Individual plan can be purchased online and includes Nitro Pro and Nitro Cloud. Customers eligible for our Business and Enterprise plans receive additional services and can contact our sales team directly for information on pricing and packaging. The Nitro Productivity Suite is still a fraction of the cost of Adobe® Acrobat® DC and DocuSign and is the only solution that provides advanced desktop PDF editing tools; simple, intuitive, and unlimited workflows for completing forms and eSigning documents; and convenient PDF productivity tools you can use in any web browser. At this time, only the complete Nitro Productivity Suite is available for purchase online. The only difference between our previous online purchase experience—where only Nitro Pro 11 was available—and the current purchase experience offering the full suite, is that now, you get even more for your money.
Q: How do I create my Nitro account?
A: The method of creating your Nitro account differs based on the plan you purchased. For those with an Individual plan, you would follow the installation instructions for Nitro Pro. Once installed and open, you would click the “Log In” text link in the top right corner of the application, then click the “Sign Up” link at the bottom of the dialog box that pops up and follow the prompts to finish.
If you’re a member of a team that has a Business or Enterprise plan, your team admin will take care of creating your account via Nitro Admin. You would just then sign in through Nitro Pro.
Q: Are eSignatures legally valid?
A: Yes. Under U.S. and EU eSignature legislation, eSignatures are considered a valid method for signing documents in the same way that pen and paper are used. This applies to the majority of use cases. Some exceptions exist in certain highly regulated industries, where digital signatures—available in Nitro Pro—are required.
Q: Can you explain more about Nitro’s eSignature options?
A: The Nitro Productivity Suite covers virtually every eSigning need, and meets all requirements set forth by U.S. and EU eSignature legislation. Nitro’s different eSignature toolsinclude:
- Digital signatures in Nitro Pro—these signatures are driven by digital certificates and encryption. They’re seldom required and are typically used in highly regulated industries (ie, Government) and documentation, such as adoption, divorce, or certain mortgage documents.
- eSignature workflows with Nitro Cloud—which we demonstrated in our recent webinar. (Watch the recording here!) These workflows are ideal for common, everyday signature requests on documents like POs, sales contracts, new hire paperwork, etc. As you’ll see in the webinar, Nitro Cloud also provides insights into views, comments and markup, and different versions of the file.
- QuickSign® in Nitro Pro—this tool is perfect for applying your own signature to a document when an eSignature workflow was not facilitated for you, like when someone sends you a form as an email attachment. (Who even does that anymore? How rude.) QuickSign is an example of a general eSignature and meets all legal requirements.
Q: If I send a signature request through Nitro Cloud, does the recipient/signer need a Nitro account in order to sign?
A: We get this question a lot, and the answer is NO! Anybody can eSign a document sent through Nitro without creating an account. They’ll receive your signature request via email, and all they’ll need to do is open the document, create a signature (they can type it, upload a picture of it, or draw it with their mouse/stylus) and, apply it to the document. Simple as that!
Q: What, other than send and request eSignatures, can I do with my documents in Nitro Cloud?
A: Nitro Cloud takes some of our most useful desktop PDF productivity features and brings them right to your browser, so you can keep working with your documents on any mobile device. Add and remove pages or entire documents, organize and rotate pages, combine multiple files of different types, convert to and from PDF format, reduce a file’s size, and share your documents with anyone who has an email address. And like I said, you can use Nitro Cloud on your laptop, tablet, or mobile phone—as long as you have an Internet connection.
Q: What are some of the key enhancements to Nitro Pro 12?
A: As mentioned in an earlier question, Nitro Pro 12 was released as a part of the Nitro Productivity Suite. It includes a number of new and improved features, including:
- Significant enhancements to our digital signature tools, including new Chain of Trust support
- Our best conversion speed and quality ever, improving formatting, layout, fonts and colors for converted documents
- New native storage integrations with Box, SharePoint 365, and OneDrive for Business (we also support Google Drive and Dropbox!)
- Print alternatives, which suggest Nitro features to use instead of printing (like eSigning and forms) to keep workflows digital
- CAD support
- Multi-window management, including drag-and-drop functionality to create multiple instances of Nitro
Remember—if you have a Nitro Productivity Suite question that doesn’t appear on this list, ping us on Twitter @NitroHQ!
Or, click here to get in touch with your account manager to learn more about the Nitro Productivity Suite.
This article was originally published here.