This year the Softchoice Cares board made the decision to revisit the first location to where Softchoice Cares all started, Sri Lanka. In December of 2004, a devastating tsunami struck South East Asia. Following the catastrophe a few employees decided to raise money to support the massive relief effort. Their example caused a chain reaction companywide and Softchoice Cares was born.
The decision to go to Sri Lanka went through a lot of debate and the board felt that revisiting Tangalle, Sri Lanka would have a largest impact on the employees of Softchoice.
The goal of the 2010 mission is to:
- Build a computer lab at Tangalle Primary School
- Educate and train teachers and students on computer basics
- Build a training facility
- Participate in a Habitat for Humanity build in Galle
- Revisit the location(s) from the previous board
This year the entire board is participating in the mission. Additional participants to the mission include:
- David MacDonald – Softchoice President and Chief Executive Officer
- Rachelle Goddard
- Cédric Morel Delarue