This is an exciting time in the world of communication technologies. It holds the promise of great opportunity as well as some daunting challenges around implementing, managing and maintaining new and evolving technologies.
At Softchoice, we’ve spent many years working closely with a variety of industries, helping them adapt, grow and thrive in spite of economic change and technology evolutions. With all that experience and knowledge behind us, we thought it would be interesting to hear from the Softchoice team directly, to share their insights and perspectives on what technology trends are most likely to deliver competitive advantage, improved customer service and operational efficiencies now and in the future.
Healthcare Services Industry Spotlight: Podcast with Robert High
Robert High, Director, Professional Services has recently completed several healthcare projects helping hospitals solve their technology challenges. In this podcast, he describes how rapid changes in technology are affecting healthcare organizations today.
Here’s a summary of Robert’s discussion:
- The healthcare industry must provide better patient care at reasonable costs while at the same time, coping with diverse and aging populations, expensive and complex healthcare technology and growing issues around security, privacy and increasing government and environmental regulations.
- Over the past few years, the trend in the healthcare industry has increasingly focused on improving customers’ overall experiences by improving workflows and processes to deliver faster, more efficient outcomes to patients and healthcare professionals.
- A key strategy to accomplish this goal has been the growth in wireless implementations, providing accessibility from the bedside to any location within a healthcare facility and enabling wireless access to a wide range of clinical and diagnostic devices. Unique to the healthcare industry, these medical devices require much larger than normal bandwidth and a guaranteed consistency and reliability to ensure that critical patient information is always reliably available and secure.
Thanks for listening.
Be sure to listen to our other podcasts too:
- Jeff Martin, Manager, Professional Services discuss the challenges facing the manufacturing industry today
- Jane Bioletti, Manager Professional Services discuss how consulting, law firms and accountancy organizations are managing technology change
- Ann Jezak, Manager Professional Services discuss the challenges facing the Resource Industries.