Every industry is feeling the pressures of high performance expectations and the need for improved results, but, probably no industry is feeling it more than the resources sector. It’s on the receiving end of close public scrutiny for everything from environmental concerns to the rise in energy prices while also being pressured to boost production to accommodate existing and emerging markets. Added to that are increasing government regulations and restrictions, safety, health and security concerns, fierce competition and often difficult or remote working locations, and you have a recipe for an uniquely complex and challenging business environment.
Resource Sector Spotlight: Podcast with Ann Jezak
Ann Jezak, Softchoice’s Professional Services Lead, in Calgary Alberta has extensive experience working with the Resources sector. In this podcast, she discusses solutions that Softchoice has implemented for resource sector customers, to help them manage their technology infrastructures, despite some challenging environments.
Here’s a summary of Ann’s discussion:
- Today’s resource leaders are leveraging the advantages of new technologies to drive innovation and competitive value and are also focusing on rebuilding old technology infrastructures to unlock cost savings and improve productivity.
- From mines dug miles deep into the earth or locations in rugged, geographically challenging landscapes, resource companies must cope with physical challenges unimagined by most organizations.
Be sure to listen to our other podcasts too:
- Jeff Martin, Manager, Professional Services discuss the challenges facing the manufacturing industry today
- Jane Bioletti, Manager Professional Services discuss how consulting, law firms and accountancy organizations are managing technology change
- Robert High, Manager Professional Services discuss the challenges facing the healthcare industry.
If you’d like to read more about Softchoice Services, take a look at this post or leave a comment below and we’ll respond as quickly as we can!